Don’t throw your old pullover away! In our master class we’re going to tell how to use it to make an elegant interior element.
All of us have a pullover that we don’t want to throw away but at the same time don’t want to wear. But we can revive it to let it please our eyes for many years. In addition, our dwelling’s interior will get a wonderful new lamp.
To do this, you’ll need:
1. You’d better take a pullover with wide sleeves and some bright geometrical pattern. And don’t forget to take all pellets away from it. Use a special device or a simple razor to do this.
2. Turn the pullover inside out and cut one of the sleeves off – this is going to be our future shade.
3. Insert one of the bigger tambour rings into the wide opening of the sleeve, where the shoulder was and push it to the middle. Then insert another ring.
Take the smaller ring and place it above the bigger ones. The rings must be tightly fixed to the sleeve. So before cutting the sleeve off think about proper tambour diameter.
4. Cut unnecessary textile off the lower part of the sleeve considering 2 centimeters to roll up. Glue 2 centimeters to the inner part of the ring, fix them with paper clamps and allow the glue to dry.
5. While your future lamp dries, start making the holder. Take a plastic cup. Its diameter must coincide with the diameter of the elastic band at the bottom of the sleeve. Cut the bottom of the cup off and make a hole at the center of it. Use this hole to insert wire and socket.
Apply glue to the inner part of the holder and insert it to your future lamp from the side of the cuff. Let the glue dry.
6. Now twist the lamp in and switch your lamp on. Ready!