Dreaming about a hammock for your house but can’t find аppropriate furniture? We’re going to tell you how to make a stylish hammock with your own hands and show you many beautiful inspiring ideas.
Hammock is a sweet place for relax and solitude. Besides, it is a great piece of decor for a dacha plot, a pergola, a terrace, a balkony or even a flat. Hammock brings a tune of Bohemia and exotic to the atmosphere of space. We’ll tell you how to make a hammock for a kid in our master class.
1. Fold fabric twice, use ruler to measure the angle and cut it off. Unfold and process the lower and the upper edge of the fabric. Photos will help to understand the process.
2. Unfold fabric and turn it right with a long side, fold the upper corner (photo №3). Now make holes for the rope. Stitch the fabric as it shown on images. Do the same with the second side. These parts will be exposed to the highest loads so you’d better make several stitches and fix them well (photos №4, 5). Use drill to make holes for the rope (photo №6).
3. Draw the pattern on the fabric with paint. You can use a stencil or just switch your imagination.
4. Thread the rope to the right hole on a peg, make a knot under, stretch through one pocket, make another knot in front of the peg, and stretch to the hole beside. Do the same but in reverse order with the second side of the hammock (photo №8). Think about heigh of the construction in advance.
5. Make a knot at the center of the rope for a carabiner (photo №9). Hang the loop on a ceiling hook or a tree branch. Put a small cusion to provide comfort.
This construction is not a kids’ swing. This is the place where one can quitely relax and read a book. Maximum weight makes up to 90 kg.
Watch our inspiring selection to find out what hammocks you can do with your own hands.